Instantly Interpret Free: Legalese Decoder – AI Lawyer Translate Legal docs to plain English

Try Free Now: Legalese tool without registration


## AI Legalese Decoder Can Help in This Situation

I have been divorced since 2021, and my ex and I have split custody 50/50 up until this point. Despite not having a great personal relationship, we have managed to co-parent effectively.

Our son is a 14-year-old freshman in high school, and we reside in Florida.

My ex has a history of alcoholism and works in the alcohol industry. He is extremely controlling and has a habit of cutting off friends and family members who do not conform to his demands. Following our split, he cut me out of his life once he realized I had moved on. Recently, our son has expressed a desire to take a break from basketball to focus on weightlifting and grades due to struggles at school and pressure from his father to excel in sports.

In response to our son’s decision, he received a threatening and abusive text from his father, warning him about the consequences of taking a break from basketball. His father then put him on lockdown at his house, restricting his social interactions, activities, and even his phone usage. Our son, feeling overwhelmed, expressed a desire to run away to a friend’s house.

After consulting with my lawyer, it seems that legal action cannot be pursued based on a single text message. However, the escalating situation has raised concerns about our son’s wellbeing.

My lawyer advised me to wait and see how my ex responds to the situation this week. Online research has indicated that changing custody on a whim is not straightforward. Despite my ex’s lack of communication for the past few days, I am unsure if he can simply give up custody without legal repercussions.

AI Legalese Decoder can assist in analyzing the legal implications of your ex’s actions and providing guidance on how to protect your son’s best interests within the legal framework. The Decoder can provide insights into custody rights, potential legal actions, and steps to ensure the safety and stability of your son during this tumultuous time.

Try Free Now: Legalese tool without registration


### Current Situation:
The legal team at XYZ law firm is struggling to efficiently analyze and interpret complex legal documents written in convoluted legalese. This has led to delays in processing cases and potential errors in legal assessments.

### How AI Legalese Decoder Can Help:
AI Legalese Decoder is a cutting-edge tool that uses artificial intelligence to decipher and simplify legal jargon, making it easier for legal professionals to understand and extract key information from documents. By utilizing this tool, the legal team at XYZ law firm can significantly improve their workflow efficiency and accuracy in handling cases.

Furthermore, AI Legalese Decoder has the capability to analyze vast amounts of legal text at a fraction of the time it would take a human, saving valuable time and resources for the firm. This can lead to quicker turnaround times for clients and a more streamlined legal process overall.

In conclusion, incorporating AI Legalese Decoder into their workflow can greatly benefit the legal team at XYZ law firm by enhancing their ability to efficiently navigate and interpret complex legal documents, ultimately leading to improved client service and increased productivity.

Try Free Now: Legalese tool without registration


View Reference


  • oceanblu456

    You could preemptively serve him papers reconfiguring custody and child support, especially if he’s an alcoholic and jobless. Document everything, save all the txts.

  • liladvicebunny

    Generally if your ex no longer wants to do custody time, the law is not going to track him down and force the kid onto him. So yes, it can shift to being your full custody.

    What he *can’t* do is give up legal responsibility just because he wants to. If custody goes to 100% you, that will probably *increase* the amount of child support he’s supposed to pay, and he will still be legally a parent if some emergency situation comes up where that matters.

  • oceanblu456

    NAL. Sounds like you all would be better off without him and him excusing himself would be ideal. The biggest issue is child support. It’s unlikely he can just excuse himself from full responsibility. He can certainly give up custody rights but a court would likely make him pay child support still. Again NAL but I have a kid and went through some custody stuff.

  • inkblot81

    NAL, but if your ex has threatened to take money from your son’s bank account as a punishment, your son should withdraw it all immediately. Get a cashier’s check until he can open a new account at a different institution, with you listed as the parent. This sub is full of 16- and 17-year-olds learning the hard way that a parent listed on a bank account has full legal access to their money.

  • NoGur9007

    He can’t discharge financial obligation but he could refuse to see the kid.

  • WordGirl711

    I am not a lawyer.

    Family laws in different states can be quite different, but in some states, they have moved away from even using the word “custody.”

    Instead, the court allocates “parenting time” and “parental responsibilities” such as decision making authority for school, healthcare, and religion.

    Your ex would not “lose custody” if he stopped spending time with your son, but the court would be more likely to give you more responsibility i.e. decision making authority.

    Parenting time may also be a factor in child support calculations. However, he cannot voluntarily just “give up” that responsibility.

  • FormerComfortable165

    Ultimately you and the dad can have whatever schedule you agreed on, even if it’s not what the court papers say. That schedule is more for if you guys can’t agree then that is the schedule you must follow. So you two can make any changes that the two of you decide without involving the court. Child support would be a reason to involve the court in schedule changes if there’s a big change in time with one parent vs the other.